Cayenne Classic vs. Cayenne JPA

From: Randy Leonard (randalleleonar..otmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 21:31:11 EST

    I've read some earlier threads on Cayenne 3.0, and have a few questions:

    - Is Cayenne 3.0 Classic significantly different from Cayenne 2.x?
    - Could JPA modelling tools (e.g. Eclipse Dali, etc.) be used in place of
    Cayenne Modeller?
    - Are there Cayenne functionalities available to Classic, but not JPA
    version?

    Also, I posted a thread last July concerning multiple models in one
    application:

    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cayenne-dev/200607.mbox/%3cDE5966B5-0FDE-436A-89E2-CE42A9F3CE2..bjectstyle.org%3e

    Two questions on this:
    - Curious if Cayenne 3 would support this?
    - If not, would the custom solution described still apply to Cayenne 3?

    Thanks,
    Randy