Re: 3.0 Javadocs

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 09:52:29 EST

    On Mar 8, 2007, at 2:36 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

    > On 07/03/2007, at 4:23 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >
    >>> Is the consensus that this would be a good idea if I took this
    >>> all the way and had it propagating across to the main Cayenne web
    >>> site each evening? Obviously it would need to be clearly marked
    >>> as a work in progress.
    >>
    >> +1
    >
    > OK. I've got a script generating the javadocs automatically.
    > Andrus, I don't have the rights to do this, so could you please
    > update the web site template and insert another item in the left menu:
    >
    > http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/api/
    >
    > This should be a menu item called "JavaDoc" under version 3.0.

    Done.

    > Also, in the interest of continuing to generate news on the front
    > page, I know these are small things, but I think we should create
    > short news stories for this and the snapshots now available. Making
    > these news items on the front page of the site will help promote
    > people to test and use 3.0 snapshots.

    +1. Also would be nice to restore an RSS link in the headers so that
    people have the way to track when the news are posted. In the past
    [1] we had a link like that in the page headers:

    <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Apache
    Cayenne News"
    href="http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/createrssfeed.action?
    types=blogpost&statuses=created&spaces=CAY&rssType=rss1&maxResults=10&ti
    meSpan=60&publicFeed=true&title=Apache+Cayenne+News">

    Need to play with the new site layout to figure out the new link.

    Andrus

    [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/site/branches/incubator-
    site/target/index.html