Re: March Board Report

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 07:18:07 EDT

    > Not sure what we can report this month that is of the significance
    > to the Board, although lots of development work has been done.

    Looking through some other reports [1] something like this might be
    appropriate:

    -----------------
    Issues requiring the Board's attention: none.

    Infrastructure
    --------------
    We'd like to thank the ASF Infrastructure team for the painless
    transition to TLP. We have only some minor issues with Confluence
    still to resolve, but otherwise everything is working well.

    Development
    -----------
    * Cayenne continues to make good progress towards its goal of JPA
    compliance with the 3.0 release.
    * A member of the Apache Geronimo has started some work on
    integration between the two projects.
    * Snapshots from the 3.0 branch are now being made available as
    precompiled binaries to enhance wider testing of the new features.

    Community
    ---------
    No real changes here, although the mailing lists have been busier
    than usual.

    [1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2006/
    board_minutes_2006_12_20.txt

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8