Re: Another bad Maven day

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 12:41:03 EDT

    On Mar 14, 2007, at 6:27 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Andrus,
    >
    > While I'm certainly in favor of going back to an ant-based build
    > system, another solution to this problem might be hardcoding specific
    > plugin versions in maven as stated by Dain.

    Yeah ... it is just that something happens once a week at least.
    Really tired of broken builds, Eclipse Maven plugin breaking command-
    line Maven and vice versa, developer complaints and an unknown number
    of people who are discouraged to contribute to Cayenne because they
    can't build it. Some time back I posted a list of reasons why we
    would want to stay on Maven, but my patience with this technology is
    running thin. The voice of reason tells me that we have to stick with
    the crap build system we've got (and maybe I'll listen this time),
    but sometimes I just can't hold it :-/

    Whatever we do, it has to be done on a branch first of course, and
    there will be a maven component to it (at least for cayenne cgen+
    maven plugin). So this promises to be fun already.

    Andrus