Ivy [Was: Another bad Maven day]

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 06:32:27 EDT

    On Mar 13, 2007, at 11:59 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

    > If so, I've ready some nice things about the Apache Ivy project for
    > dependency management in ant.

    Read the Ivy docs. Looks nice - just like Maven does to an
    uninitiated person :-) In fact it does look a bit like Maven in
    terminology and approach. But at least it seems to concentrate on a
    single problem of dependency management, instead of taking over your
    build system.

    So there is a chance that we can preserve the ability to develop
    modules one-by-one in Eclipse and otherwise. I hope the Eclipse
    plugin [1] is of better quality than its Maven counterpart.

    [1] http://www.jaya.free.fr/ivyde/download.html

    Andrus