Re: hello

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 06:59:52 EDT

    On Mar 14, 2007, at 12:36 AM, wilhelm.krah..ataobjects.info wrote:

    > i want to support the cayenne project
    >
    > knowledge : visual basic and dos :-)
    > last project : java jsr 168 portlet for file server access with
    > single signon (sso) using jcifs samba api and ldap (active
    > directory) with upload an d download servelets
    >
    > i could do for the project * i don't know, may be you know :-)

    Hi Wilhelm,

    We do welcome volunteers. As with most open source projects, the new
    contributors initially submit the code in the form of patches via
    Jira bug tracker [1]. This process is designed so that they can
    gradually build the trust of the community. When this happens they
    may be granted full commit access.

    So do you have interest in specific parts of Cayenne? If so, let us
    know, if not - also not a problem. Start by familiarizing yourself
    with the code [2], at least make sure you can check out and build
    Cayenne :-) After that you can pick up tasks in one of the areas of
    development. Here is a high level list of we are working on:

    * A list of bugs and features scheduled for the next 3.0 release [3]
    * JPA provider tasks
    * JPA provider integration tests
    * Cayenne Modeler GUI development
    * ...

    If any of these interest you, I can elaborate in more details.

    Finally, please continue all Cayenne-related communications via this
    list.

    Cheers,
    Andrus

    [1] http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/