Re: [JIRA] Commented: (CAY-777) Still incorrect: CLONE -Import EOModel - Incorrect Join src/target names are created

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 15:38:37 EDT

    On Apr 16, 2007, at 8:15 PM, Yegor wrote:

    > I am reverse engineering. Sorry, if EOModel is something different,
    > but
    > the behaviour is identical to the described in the bug.

    Ok, it is clear now. EOModel is a specific object relational mapping
    format used by WebObjects (http://www.apple.com/webobjects/), that
    Cayenne knows how to import. So this is of course something entirely
    different from your case.

    Now back to your problem... This is not a bug, but rather an expected
    behavior of the algorithm used to build the default object mapping
    from DB metadata. There were suggestions in the past to derive
    relationship names from FK's instead of table names, but since
    database column naming can be arbitrary, this is a dubious improvement.

    What you can do is to take a manual pass over the model after reverse
    engineering is done and rename the relationships in question to more
    appropriate names.

    Hope this helps.

    Andrus