Re: Eclipse Maven2 plugin - build problem?

From: johnalewis (jlewi..nicon.net)
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 13:37:53 EDT

    Looks like this problem is only happening when running Eclipse using the
    java-gcj JVM, which is the default with Ubuntu's Eclipse package. In that
    package, /usr/bin/eclipse is really a script that launches Eclipse and it
    provides several ways to customize its behavior:

    At a system level, you can edit /etc/eclipse/java_home to control the list
    of places it will look for a */bin/java to execute.

    At a per-user level, you can set JAVA_HOME and it will use that instead of
    looking at /etc/eclipse/java_home.

    Also at a per-user level, you can add something like this to the file
    ~/.eclipse/eclipserc :
    JAVACMD="/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java"

    You can also control VM arguments from the same file with something like
    this:
    VMARGS="-Xms128m -Xmx512m"

    Anyway, switching to the Sun JVM eliminates this problem.

    Hope that helps!

    - John Lewis