Re: Paging and SQL queries

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 28 2007 - 03:16:13 EDT

    On May 28, 2007, at 9:49 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    >> I don't quite understand what 'resolvesFirstPage()' refers to.
    >> Does it mean 'firstPageResolved()'? Should it be negated here:
    >
    > No. "resolvesFirstPage" really a shorthand for "is it possible to
    > reliably resolve objects on the first page using the existing
    > algorithm".

    I just clarified that with a JavaDoc comment. Sorry for mostly
    skipping JavaDocs on the private methods...

         /**
          * Returns true if it is possible to read the first page of
    inflated objects from the
          * ResultSet returned from the main query. False is returned for
    queries with
          * prefetches as resolving prefetches is not possible in this
    situation.
          */
         private boolean resolvesFirstPage() {
             return internalQuery.getPrefetchTree() == null;
         }

    Andrus