Re: Modeling interfaces [ Was: Modelling improvements: inheritance + interfacing (Draft)]

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 00:15:43 EDT

    > Hi Lachlan,
    >
    > I appreciate you driving this discussion. Vertical inheritance
    > implementation is long overdue.

    Great and after having thought through it for quite a bit it seems to
    me that it's a reasonably simple step forward too.

    > I'll write a separate email about inheritance, but do you think we
    > can split the discussion in two - interfaces and inheritance being
    > separate independent features. I am still trying to think over what
    > you are proposing in regards to the interfaces, and combining it
    > with inheritance discussion only complicates things.

    Sure. No problems.

    > Or is there a reason we would like to keep them together?

    Not really. Except that an interface can inherit/extend from another
    one. So that would make the feature for adding interfaces dependent
    on inheritance.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck