Re: Abstract Entities [Was: Modelling improvements: inheritance + interfacing (Draft)]

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 12:47:09 EDT

    Hi Kevin,

    Let me guess the answer to this one.

    First we're talking about an ObjEntity, not a DataObject. So you'd
    never subclass it.

    As an example, one of my projects has WORK_ORDER, DISCONNECT_ORDER,
    CONNECT_ORDER (and so on) tables. WORK_ORDER is the common shared
    info by any kind of task. But you'd never have a WORK_ORDER entry
    without a subclass table. Thus, the template generator should never
    create WorkOrder as an abstract class. DisconnectOrder and
    ConnectOrder would inherit from that class and would not be abstract.