Re: Bamboo

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 19:38:41 EDT

    On 08/06/2007, at 6:56 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Michael Gentry had a server machine that he and his employer kindly
    > made available for Cayenne nightly builds (I am ashamed to say that
    > for some time I didn't have a chance to do any work on it,
    > restoring nightly builds).

    Can't we use people.apache.org for nightly builds? We already have a
    continuous svn checkout there in my home directory which is used to
    build the 3.0 javadocs for the web site each night. Adding nightly
    builds should just be another line or two in the cron script. Not to
    take anything away from Michael of course if he has something set up
    already - this just might be easier to manage and automatically
    publish the nightlies to the apache site.

    The main reason I didn't do it when I put the javadoc script together
    was because I wasn't quite sure what to do with the maven output and
    how to redirect errors to the developer list without swamping us with
    useless info. Bamboo sounds like it might solve that nicely. We (ish)
    are about to become official Atlassian partners since we have a
    couple of very interesting projects we implemented with Jira for
    Sydney University and a bunch more in the pipeline. They certainly
    make nice software.

    Ari

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8