Re: [JIRA] Created: (CAY-808) FoxPro adapter

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 09:34:10 EDT

    Hi,

    Let me summarize what we have on the list:

    > Mike Kienenberger - [20/Jun/07 01:56 PM ]
    > I don't see a problem with just throwing "Unsupported" exceptions
    > for cases like this.

    +1

    > Øyvind Harboe - [20/Jun/07 01:57 PM ]
    > WIll an adapter that has lots of unsupported exceptions be
    > considered for committing to the repository or will it sit in JIRA
    > forever?

    > Ari Maniatis - [21/Jun/07 03:09 AM ]
    > I believe the tests for what should go into the Cayenne project are:
    >
    > * can it be licensed under the Apache license
    > * is it useful to users of Cayenne generally
    > * is the code documented and clear enough that others can continue
    > to build upon it and add those missing features if they want to
    >
    > I'm not in a position to help test the code since we don't use
    > Access or FoxPro here at all, but I'm sure others will be able to
    > give it a good workout.
    >
    > If you'd like to give it more chance of making it into Cayenne, you
    > could repackage it for the Cayenne trunk (with org.apache
    > namespace), add the Apache licensing headers to all files and flesh
    > out the Javadocs to ensure there is complete documentation about
    > what is implemented and what isn't.
    >
    > I am sure your contribution will be useful to a great many people.

    +1 - I agree with Ari. We will certainly accept it, but please help
    us a bit to get it in. Also would it be possible for you to sign a
    Contributor License Agreement and send it to the ASF:

    http://apache.org/licenses/

    "Grant license to ASF" checkbox in Jira should be sufficient in this
    case, but just to be on a safe side and to simplify any potential
    future work ;-)

    Thanks
    Andrus