Re: How about 3.0 M1?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 17:01:45 EDT

    On Jun 22, 2007, at 6:08 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

    > I'm not really opposed, but I haven't looked much at the JPA stuff.

    This release is definitely alpha. While one can do real persistence
    with Cayenne JPA already, we do not claim any kind of completeness.
    Still good to have new JPA-inspired classic features out there (such
    as lifecycle callbacks), as we'll get user feedback and better chance
    of finding the bugs early.

    > However, do we still have an unresolved issue with the password
    > encoding? I
    > tried to subscribe to the Apache Legal mailing list several times
    > and never
    > got added, so I could never take the question over there.

    Hmm... not sure whom we ping to get this resolved... One thing to
    check - have you used your apache.org email? This may speed up
    subscription moderation.

    > PS. I'd advertise the new JPA/etc stuff as alpha-quality, but
    > emphasis the
    > Cayenne Classic stuff is stable.

    Yep, that's the plan.

    Andrus