Re: How about 3.0 M1?

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 19:48:02 EDT

    > What's the consensus on making 3.0 M1 release?

    As some of you know we've been using 3.0 in production since late
    last year. We have no reliability problems at all and we've been
    giving it a good workout. Derby and mySQL only, but running it on 1.4
    and 1.5 on OSX, Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. We know that it works at
    a basic level on Solaris.

    My concern has long been that full JPA compliance is such a big goal,
    that 3.0 might be some time off. So either we reduce the goals for
    3.0 or keep releasing snapshots people could use in production.
    Lachlan and I will try to make time to work on inheritance (now that
    the requirements are clear thanks to everyone on this list) once we
    get some other important work out of the way, but I'm thinking that
    that will take some time to fully implement and test.

    Also, we need to be clearer about terminology:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/2007/03/08/version-30-milestones-and-
    javadoc.html

    That indicates that the snapshots already released are 'milestones'.
    Will it be clear that cayenne-client-3.0-M1.jar is superior to
    cayenne-client-3.0-20070227.124237-1.jar? Or should the naming just
    continue on as date stamps?

    Ari Maniatis

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8