Re: How about 3.0 M1?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 10:03:06 EDT

    I am done with cross-DB testing of the trunk code. I tested Cayenne
    with the following databases, and the current test suite fully passes
    against all of them:

    * Derby
    * FrontBase
    * HSQLDB
    * MySQL
    * OpenBase
    * PostgreSQL
    * Sybase
    * SQLServer

    I discovered a bunch of issues and fixed most of them. Those that
    didn't have an immediate fix, where documented on Jira and the
    corresponding test cases were temporarily removed from the test
    suite, or bypassed using the AccessStackAdapter mechanism. Here is
    the listing:

    CAY-811: all db's that support identity columns (MySQL, Derby,
    SQLServer)
    CAY-820: OpenBase
    CAY-821: FrontBase

    Still can't test against Oracle. I will set up a local Oracle
    instance someday, but likely after M1.

    A pleasant surprise was that Maven 2.0.6 caused no surprises so far.
    Maybe Maven 2 finally stabilized?? So I'd encourage others to try
    running the unit tests in their environment and report back. I've
    been updating the following Developer Guide page with test
    instructions that worked for me. I hope this will help (note that
    connection.properties file is mostly compatible with previous
    releases, except that the key names are required to match the POM
    profile names):

       http://cayenne.apache.org/running-unit-tests.html

    Andrus