Re: Going ahead with M1

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 17:13:29 EDT

    Getting closer... Just ran the RAT tool and fixed a few files that
    were missing the license headers. Looks like we can't put a license
    in the provider declaration file [1] due to a bug in Geronimo
    implementation of javax.persistence.Persistence that does not filter
    out comments. This file is a trivial one-liner though, so I think we
    are fine without a license header on it.

    I will post the actual artifacts in a day or two and start the vote.

    Question - what's the process for releasing Maven artifacts? I am
    following this procedure - [2] for the *snapshots*. I guess for the
    real release I need to set explicit version in the tag POMs. But how
    do we go about staging the build until the vote passes?

    Andrus

    [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/trunk/framework/
    cayenne-jpa-unpublished/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/
    javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider
    [2] http://cayenne.apache.org/maven-snapshots.html