Re: [VOTE] Cayenne Release 3.0M1

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2007 - 03:11:46 EDT

    On Jul 19, 2007, at 1:00 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > Hmm . . .
    >
    > I thought we were going to continue provide fat JARs for simplicity in
    > deploying. Is this not the case?

    Can't find the thread right away, and not sure if we had a formal
    vote on this (this was definitely discussed at some point), but as of
    now we don't. Instead there's a "third-party" directory where we
    place what was in the fat JAR (to make it clear what's needed and to
    give users more control over the third-party versions).

    > Also, zip archives are more common for Windows machines than gzip'd
    > tarballs are. Not a big deal with any modern archive utility, but
    > something to consider for the final deployment.

    Agreed - while there's no technical advantage to zip, tar.gz may
    scare some Windows users :-)

    Andrus