Re: [ANN] Cayenne 3.0M1 Released

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 04:39:46 EDT

    On Jul 29, 2007, at 4:33 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

    > On 28/07/2007, at 9:56 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >
    >> I am glad to announce the first 3.0 Milestone release.
    >
    > I've updated some pages at Freshmeat (pending their review) and
    > send an email to announc..pachenews.org. Is there anyone else we
    > can think of who could be sent an announcement?

    Thanks! I just received a notification from FreshMeat, so it went
    through.

    > I think there is great potential to turn this into a good news
    > story with the technical press. What sites do people read where
    > there they discuss emerging technologies such as this?

    It used to be TheServerSide.com. I think it is much less popular now
    compared to 3-4 years ago, but is still probably the site for Java
    news. The other one is javalobby.org. I am not sure if anything else
    emerged in the last couple of years? I guess most people who were
    trolling on TSS, turning it into Java Slashdot, flocked to AJAX sites
    or something :-)

    Andrus