Re: Wny not velocity 1.5?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2007 - 11:10:30 EDT

    Probably because no one has felt motivated to upgrade and there's
    likely some backward-incompatibilities. For Cayenne, someone would
    need to install the new library, then test all of the default
    templates to be sure that they still worked.

    Considering that I'm pretty sure there have been some behavior changes
    in Velocity 1.5, there's not much incentive to upgrade for those of us
    making extensive use of personal velocity templates since we'd have to
    sure they didn't change the generated code in some subtle way.

    I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, only that there's a bit of work
    involved in doing it. If it's going to be done, it probably should
    be done sooner rather than later before Cayenne 3.0 users create a
    large set of older-velocity-based templates.