Re: [DISCUSSION] Java 5 and 3.0 schedule

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2007 - 18:45:18 EDT

    On 14/09/2007, at 6:35 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > Once we've generally agreed that discussion has ceased, I'd like to
    > return
    > to the vote. That's been open for over a month now, without a real
    > -1, so
    > it's probably a formality. But, I would like there to be a general
    > consensus on matters.

    Since I was the only slightly negative voice in this thread, I'd like
    to say that I'm mostly convinced by the arguments, so I'll vote +0.
    That is, I don't think it is important to do it now, but if it will
    help others, let's go for it.

    As for timeframe, perhaps that happens whenever someone puts in the
    effort to merge the 1.4 and 1.5 frameworks into one.

    Ari

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8