Re: Support for SQLite?

From: Toni Lamar (toni.lama..ahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 05:56:18 EDT

    Tore Halset wrote:

    > Do you need to use SQLite?

    Yes I do. In most projects (where decisions are not taken by developers),
    changing the database is mostly not allowed :(.

    I was asking about SQLite because for several projects I worked on, there's
    a plan starting next month to use an ORM(what a progress :) ), and even if
    I'm no more involved with those projects, I would like to propose them to
    use Cayenne (because it has a Modeler and it's much faster to get
    productive).

    Tore Halset wrote:

    > Have you looked at Derby?

    Yes, for personal use :). I see allot of marketing around Derby (and I'm
    aware that's in the JDK now), but
    I have yet to see a single use in a commercial project (I mean projects that
    I can work on :) ).

    Thanks,
    Tony