Re: Cayenne Cluster

From: Martin Thelian (martin.thelia..ovo.cc)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 09:41:08 EDT

    Hi!

    Thank you for your detailed answer.

    Andrus Adamchik schrieb:
    > I can elaborate some more if you describe the usage patterns that you
    > envision, and what kind of clustering features you are looking for
    > (session replication? cache refresh? anything else?)
    Nothing special at the moment.

    At the moment we are running two jboss instances with the same
    functionality and a quite simple load-balancing that is running in front
    of them. The main problem we are working on is how to synchronize these
    two servers to avoid concurrent modifications of user-data and to ensure
    that each instance is processing up-to-date data. Unfortunately there
    are several pitfalls such as separate caches at different
    application-layers (the cayenne row- and object-cache at data-layer, a
    business-object cache at service-layer), JMS queues between different
    layers, etc.

    Martin