Re: Reconciling DataContexts

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 13:54:22 EDT

    On Oct 20, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > We've gone back and forth on this a few times now. As long as the
    > conversation is still productive, I don't mind following it.
    > Unfortunately,
    > I don't have as great an understanding of the internals as you do,
    > so if
    > we're just rehashing old ground, we can agree to disagree. What
    > I'd just
    > hate to see is if we continue to do things the way we have been out
    > of force
    > of habit, rather than because it's the best way to do it. I see a
    > lot of
    > room for improvement and based on graph theory, can see how it
    > could be
    > solved. I haven't ascertained from the Cayenne code how disruptive
    > a change
    > it would be, however.

    Yes, there seems to be a difference in approach to managing object
    graphs... I feel like I do not understand many of your examples
    simply cause I've been doing things differently, so I never thought
    that certain things are actually problematic.

    So I suspect that there is still misunderstanding on my end as to why
    you are suggesting some of these changes. Can somebody else following
    this discussion maybe point out what I am missing when defending the
    existing design?

    Andrus