Re: [JIRA] Created: (CAY-896) A decent ANT build file.

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2007 - 11:51:13 EDT

    On 22/10/2007, at 12:44 AM, Demetrios Kyriakis (JIRA) wrote:

    > Please add a decent ANT buil.xml file to build DataViews and DV
    > Modeler.
    >
    > I know that Cayenne jumped on Maven, but using it is such a pain -
    > when something is not working (and it always breaks something -
    > without the user doing anything bad), than non-mavenfanboys have no
    > chance to fix it right away :(
    >
    > I don't dare to ask this for the Cayenne Project itself cause I saw
    > on the mailing list that some maven fanboys strongly oppose any
    > sane and decent argument.

    Please note that Dataviews are not a currently supported part of
    Cayenne 3. That is not to say they are abandoned completely, but no
    active work is taking place within Cayenne. Others have expressed
    interesting in continuing work on Dataviews and hopefully they can
    reach full usable status again with 3.0 soon.

    There is little point in Cayenne using a different build system for
    one component, so one system will be used throughout any Cayenne
    components.

    Finally, taking an argumentative approach will not impress any of the
    sane and decent people working on this project.

    Ari Maniatis

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8