Re: JIRA <-> dev list not in sync?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 12:45:11 EDT

    On Oct 23, 2007, at 7:34 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > The decision to only send newly-created JIRA issue to the dev mailing
    > list was intentional,

    Correct.

    > but I've been thinking about bringing it up
    > again for the last week.
    >
    > I'd like to see things set up so that all updates to JIRA issues are
    > posted to the dev list by default. This is how it's done in the
    > other Apache projects I've participated in (struts, MyFaces, Shale,
    > Velocity).

    I can expand the list notifications to include "Issue Commented",
    "Issue Resolved", "Issue Closed" and "Issue Reopened" events if
    nobody objects. This still leaves a possibility of communication
    breakage: when a dev list subscriber replies to a jira email, the
    issue author will not see the reply if (s)he is not subscribed to the
    list. But that's still better than what we have.

    Also aside from "close" notifications, we shouldn't get much extra
    traffic, as only a small subset of issues generate long comment threads.

    So unless there are objections, I'll make this change.

    Andrus