Re: [CONFIRMED] Re: Maven again and again :( !

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 22:18:39 EDT

    On 10/23/07 8:01 PM, "Aristedes Maniatis" <ar..aniatis.org> wrote:

    > On 23/10/2007, at 9:39 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >
    >> (we need to go through all plugins in the poms and preset the
    >> versions I guess)
    >
    > Except for the fix to the ROP tutorial where the problem was that we
    > were presetting the version and that version was no longer available
    > in the official repository.
    >
    > It is starting to feel like it would be just easier to commit all the
    > libraries we depend on to the Cayenne svn....

    An alternative, but along the same lines, would be to set up our own maven
    repository. It sorta defeats the whole purpose, but if they're going to
    purge old versions, seems we may not have a choice. Otherwise, how can
    anyone grab the code from any tag and just build it?

    I think this is actually the ultimate stance of the maven folks, too. If
    you require that sort of reliability, you should be running a private repo.
    Not much of a sales pitch though.

    Ari, do you know if this is common practice? I can see purging SNAPSHOTs,
    but anything else seems foolish.

    --
    Kevin