Re: [JIRA] Commented: (CAY-887) CM Usability:Recent Files list shold be longer

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2007 - 08:15:46 EDT

    On 10/24/07 11:19 PM, "Aristedes Maniatis" <ar..aniatis.org> wrote:

    > Oh, I see now. I thought the OP meant the icon which appears only in
    > Windows frames (I am using OSX so I don't see them). But he meant the
    > 'open folder' icon in the toolbar and menu. I don't agree that this
    > should be changed to the Cayenne logo since then the original meaning
    > (open file) is completely obscured. By the same reasoning all icons
    > could be Cayenne logos since they all do something "cayenne".
    >
    > I'll leave it as is.

    Yeah, that's why I didn't have any hard feelings about closing it. I think
    the intent is for something similar to how the OS associates a program's
    icon with a file if the program association is configured. I could go
    either way on it, particularly because one could argue that the menu
    expansion is the "open" action and that the selection should then refer to
    the file.

    --
    Kevin