Re: [JIRA] Commented: (CAY-144) Documentation in PDF

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 19:52:52 EDT

    On 27/10/2007, at 3:17 AM, Thomas Bernhard wrote:

    > What about the authors of the WIKI?
    > Confluence can't state that it can export nice PDF documents when they
    > "leave much to be desired" :).
    > I think there were even plug-ins for it to do various (PDF related
    > too)
    > issues.

    Personally I can't see the real use for PDF when the html docs are
    nicely interlinked and easy to read. However, if it is something
    you'd like, then perhaps you could investigate some tools to convert
    from html to pdf. That might be the best approach as it is would
    utilise the style sheet work already done on the site.

    Note that in the work done earlier this year on the web site included
    style sheets specifically for printing. That's right, go and print
    the front page of the Cayenne site and see how it turns out. Cool...

    So perhaps you'd like to investigate some sort of xslt transform or
    ghostscript process to get the pdfs you want. If you come up with
    something that can be automated, I'm sure we'd find a way to have pdf
    downloads available from the Cayenne site.

    Cheers
    Ari Maniatis

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8