RE: AppFramework licensing discussion

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 13:57:46 EDT

    If people feel strongly enough about it, another option would be to pull
    CM out altogether and host it as a non-ASF project. I'm personally not
    a fan of it, but if doing so would significantly improve the quality of
    the modeler, I'd warm up to it. I've just not been adequately convinced
    that that'll be the case.

    --
    Kevin

    -----Original Message----- From: Michael Gentry [mailto:blacknex..mail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 12:29 PM To: de..ayenne.apache.org Subject: Re: AppFramework licensing discussion

    I suppose in a round-about way this answers another thing I had thought about before. I was wondering if re-doing the modeler in NetBeans (using Matisse -- or whatever they are calling it these days) would be good, but NB uses Swing Layout Extensions which it'll bundle in your jar for you, but the license would be bad for ASF:

    https://swing-layout.dev.java.net/

    It uses LGPL.

    /dev/mrg