DataViews - Proposal - move to sourceforge!

From: Demetrios Kyriakis (demetrios.kyriaki..ooglemail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2007 - 12:26:58 EDT

    Hi,

    Since the Cayenne team is not very interested in DataViews, but many users
    are, the most simple solution to me looks to move DataViews to a place where
    users can contribute much easier.

    Because of it's "patch" based contribution restriction, and especially of
    the long list of incompatible "licenses", I'm not sure if Apache.org is the
    best place to get help from users with as few as possible "barriers".

    Also an important step would be to switch the license from Apache to LGPL.
    It seems that the Apache license is not too GUI friendly: just looks how few
    projects on Apache.org have GUI's and how many good GUI oriented libraries
    or tools are LGPL.

    Any other ideas on what could be done to re-invigorate DataViews?

    Thank you,

    Demetrios.