Re: DataViews - Proposal - move to sourceforge!

From: Craig L Russell (Craig.Russel..un.COM)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2007 - 16:51:21 EDT

    If the reason people want to fork is the license, there's not much
    that Apache can do. Projects built at Apache are released with the
    Apache license.

    But if the reason is to build a community and there is too high a
    barrier in established Apache projects for committers to become
    productive, this can be solved easily enough. Find the folks who are
    interested and bring them into the incubator along with the dataviews
    code. They can become committers immediately and start working on the
    code in the incubator. When the project is ready for graduation,
    those people who have contributed positively will be easy to
    identify, and presumably they will have earned commit privileges in
    the project they graduate to.

    Craig