Re: Why the "unpublished" suffix?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 03:57:01 EST

    On Nov 4, 2007, at 3:53 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

    > It might still be easier to have cayenne-core and cayenne-jdk1.[x
    > +1] at all times.
    > That avoids us having to move 99% of the code to a new project and
    > update all the maven paths,

    Doesn't matter to me much... the current module names are self
    explanatory, but otherwise no difference. Every time we increment the
    base JDK version, we'd have to merge one of the modules anyways. E.g.
    right now we can either merge jdk1.4 to jdk1.5 or do it in the
    opposite direction and rename jdk1.4 folder once it's done. Regarding
    maven - only two poms need to be updated. Also one Eclipse project
    will have to be removed from workspace.

    > plus all the Confluence docs every time a JDK update is required.

    Exported docs are located in "cayenne/docs/doc" folder, so those are
    not affected by the merge.

    > Although I guess with the right svn commands the history of all the
    > files will be preserved however we move things around, so it
    > shouldn't matter too much.

    Right.

    Andrus