3.0 Snapshots

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2007 - 08:55:04 EST

    Hi,

    I know I've brought this up before, but I really think it's something we
    should move on. I'd like to see more frequent updates to the 3.0 SNAPSHOTs.
    This would make testing from a wider population much easier and allow people
    to work with the latest bug fixes.

    The simplest way I see this happening is via a CI server. This would have
    the tertiary benefit of only publishing snapshots that have passed testing.
    There was some talk on having a Continuum instance set up, but that never
    really happened. As such, I'd like to try to get a Bamboo license, which
    shouldn't be all that difficult. Bamboo is incredibly simple to set up and
    I'd volunteer to admin it.

    In order to prevent a huge build up of snapshots, I'd recommend publishing
    them on a schedule rather than on checkin. I'd also recommend a purge of
    the snapshot repository upon the release of a new milestone.

    If we need to vote on it, we can raise it. I just wanted to get some
    discussion on it first and see what the general feeling was.

    --
    Kevin