RE: JIRA subtasks

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2007 - 11:46:56 EST

    It's roughly the same. Each subtask gets its own task ID, so you can
    track things that way. There's just an explicit relationship back to a
    parent task.

    What you really gain out of it is that you can easily get from parent to
    child and see what needs to be done to close the whole issue out.

    --
    Kevin

    -----Original Message----- From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andru..bjectstyle.org] Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 11:41 AM To: de..ayenne.apache.org Subject: Re: JIRA subtasks

    I just did that, but I wonder how it would affect our ability to track release notes? I never used subtasks, so there may be an obvious answer, but from my current viewpoint, I'd prefer smaller tasks, and using task linking.

    Andrus