Re: [JIRA] Commented: (CAY-915) Add ability to generate a common interface for client and server classes

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2007 - 16:38:59 EST

    Given that my work essentially blocked on this issue, I've dug into it a bit
    this afternoon. It looks like everything works, but requires some invasive
    changes that I wanted to float on the list before committing.

    DataMap:

    * Add new "interfacesSupported" property
    * Add new "defaultInterfacesPackage" property

    ObjEntity:

    * Add new "interfaceName" attribute
    * Add new "noInterface" attribute (although, I think I'm going to remove
    this)

    With that in place, an interface.vm can generate the interface with the
    existing superclass templates conditionally implementing the interface.

    To be really clean, there should probably be some mods to EntityUtils, but
    I've been able to make everything work without changes to it.

    Initially I was allowing ObjEntities to declare that no interface should be
    generated for them, but it really of questionable value. And it becomes a
    bit problematic because the generated interfaces and superclasses really
    need to operate with the other interfaces for relationships. Otherwise, the
    whole process is pretty shallow and only works for the simplest of cases.

    This is my first real work with the datamap and objentity structure and my
    velocity skills are practically non-existent. So, if the overall design is
    "approved" and I check the code in, I would appreciate a set of eyes or two
    to give it a quick review.

    Thanks,
    Kevin