RE: Cleaning up ROP

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 11:14:29 EST

    Well, I've made marginal progress there as well. I am wrestling with a
    serialization problem right now. I know you had mentioned issues with
    this earlier, but it's the object context that's behaving differently
    from CayenneDataObject.

    I've had a Tapestry 4 app that's used lists of CDOs in..or loops and
    has just worked. As PersistentObjects, they lose their data context on
    deserialization. No custom squeezers are involved. What's really
    interesting is that the contexts are marked as transient in both CDO and
    PO.

    I suspect once that's squared away, the rest won't be nearly as bad.

    --
    Kevin

    -----Original Message----- From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andru..bjectstyle.org] Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3:53 AM To: de..ayenne.apache.org Subject: Re: Cleaning up ROP

    Hi Kevin,

    CayenneDataObject approach is fundamentally different from other persistent object implementations that are all variations of POJO. So I think a different approach may work better - using current client objects on the server (instead of using current server objects on the client).

    Andrus