RE: Cleaning up ROP

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 13:33:38 EST

    Interestingly, I can't get the code to hit readObject() when using CDO.
    writeObject() is definitely being called from the CDO, though. So, it's
    like something with the Tapesty data squeezer.

    When using a PO, readObject and writeObject are both called (added by
    me).

    In no event does DataContext's readObject or writeObject execute.

    At this point, I'm going to have to table the work for a bit. After two
    days, I'm not much further along than when I started :-/ Maybe the time
    away will help me think about the problem a bit more. In the interim,
    at least the copy & paste method works . . . just more invasive than I
    was hoping for.

    --
    Kevin

    -----Original Message----- From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andru..bjectstyle.org] Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:23 AM To: de..ayenne.apache.org Subject: Re: Cleaning up ROP

    I think we can solve serialization problems... CDO should be reattached indirectly inside DataContext.readObject(..). I am surprised that didn't work for PersistentObject. You may add a breakpoint in DataContext.readObject(..) to see what really happens there.

    Andrus