Re: [OT] Java & Leopard

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 14:27:49 EST

    Java 1.5.

    Mostly things just hang. Running "ant --help" never finishes. IntelliJ
    locks up. It takes 10 min. to generate the javadocs for Cayenne. On top of
    that, there seems to be no real way to kill the processes. And reboots
    won't work. I've probably held in the power button to shut my machine down
    30 times in the last two days.

    Now, I did do an upgrade rather than a fresh install, so that could be a
    contributing factor. But, research into the issue indicates a lot of people
    are having difficulty with Java.

    This is Java 5, btw, which is the default version in Leopard.

    --
    Kevin