Re: Cleaning up ROP

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 23:35:06 EST

    Looks like the time away paid off. I've made it farther now.

    Turns out the problem was the ivar fields in subclass. Since they get
    loaded lazily, the serialized object differed as soon as I accessed a field.
    So, serialization may not have been broken per se, but it definitely messed
    with the Tapestry squeezer. Modifying the velocity template to mark those
    fields as transient has taken care of the problem for now. I'll see where
    that takes me this weekend.

    Ari, I'll try to cobble together a patch as I clean things up. I agree that
    a new branch may be the best thing. While there is certainly value in
    waiting until the 1.4 and 1.5 modules merge, I don't think it's that
    necessary before we start a new branch.

    --
    Kevin