Re: generics and ObjectContext

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2007 - 15:00:01 EST

  • Next message: Kevin Menard: "Re: svn commit: r596798 - in /cayenne/main/trunk/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/ apache/cayenne: BaseContext.java CayenneContext.java ObjectContext.java access/DataContext.java query/NamedQuery.java"

    Yeah, at that point I think the law of diminishing returns kicks in. I'm a
    fan of making things generic really only where they make sense. newObject()
    is a perfect example.

    On 11/20/07 2:34 PM, "Andrus Adamchik" <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > On Nov 20, 2007, at 7:02 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >
    >> SelectQuery<Artist> q = new SelectQuery(Artist.class);
    >
    > And the correct form of the query above (if we are to parameterize
    > Query interface) will look like this:
    >
    > SelectQuery<Artist> q = new SelectQuery<Artist>(Artist.class);
    >
    > So from now on all queries will have to be instantiated with <class>,
    > even non-selecting ones, making things extra verbose and
    > redundant ... generics really suck :-/ I may ditch the idea about the
    > query parameter.

    Kevin Menard
    Servprise International, Inc.
    Remote reboot & power control for network equipment
    www.servprise.com              +1 508.892.3823 x308