Re: [JIRA] Commented: (CAY-922) Convert non-type-safe enums to Java 5 enums

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 04:53:16 EST

    I think converting PersistenceState to enum would result in a too
    serious breakage of backwards compatibility, so I am not so sure we
    should be changing this now. Maybe in 3.0 we just start by deprecating
    the "int" based API, and introducing enum based alternative without
    removing the old methods or changing the ivars?

    Andrus