query properties

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 22:31:48 EST

    In SelectQuery, initWithProperties(Map<?,?> properties) has a
    properties Map with wildcard keys and values. That has clashed
    slightly with a choice I made elsewhere for these properties - I
    originally thought that they were <String, String>

    Now I've discovered that for cache groups the value can be a String[],
    so perhaps <String, Object> is more suitable. Does that sound
    reasonable? Are they used in others ways? This is the difference
    between code I'd be writing for myself (where I'd make it really
    tightly defined for compile time safety) and a public library where
    others may want to override the public functions.

    Whatever it is, I'd like to document more clearly what these
    properties can represent (for example, will the key become an enum one
    day?)

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001