Re: performQuery generics

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2007 - 15:55:40 EST

    On Dec 27, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Ok, so then my next question is should we proceed with the following?
    >
    >> // existing
    >> List performQuery(Query query);

    +1

    >> // existing
    >> QueryResponse performGenericQuery(Query query);

    +1

    >> // new
    >> <T> List<T> performQuery(Class<T> aClass, Query query);

    +0. I would like to use a specific interface instead if possible.
    public <T> List<T> performQuery(PersistentSelectQuery<T> query);

    >> // new
    >> List<DataRow> performDataRowQuery(Query query);

    +0. I would like to use a specific interface instead if possible.
    public List<DataRow> performQuery(DataRowQuery query);

    My hope is that SelectQuery would become typesafe, but that would
    destroy DataRow support for SelectQuery. That is not too important for
    me as I only use DataRow SelectQuery in a couple of places. The second
    best alternative (AFAIK) would be to create new Query classes to
    handle this as I have written earlier.

    Regards,
      - Tore.