Re: [CONF] Apache Cayenne: XML Mapping File (page edited)

From: Terrence A. Pietrondi (tepietrond..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2008 - 21:22:46 EST

    Thanks Andrus. I'll accept everything you've mentioned
    about the primary key generator, now just need a
    simple example to follow and test it =). I searched
    through the mailing list today, and it seems that an
    Oracle key generator that simply increments the max by
    one is very popular, but I didn't find any examples
    (code). The methods 'generatePkForDbEntity' and
    'reset' in the Javadoc don't detail what should be
    done when implemented.

    Any suggestions or URLS?

    Example on installing it as well will be helpful since
    I am unclear on your notes below.

    Thanks.

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/generate-primary-key-support.html

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/handling-inheritance.html