Re: [JIRA] Created: (CAY-964) Enum logging in SQL logs

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 12:34:44 EST

    On Jan 16, 2008, at 6:53 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

    > I was thinking updating the enum code to check for a custom/advanced
    > cayenne enum in addition to the current enum support. That way you
    > could support basic enums (the current approach) or more advanced
    > enums, where you need to control the values stored in the database.

    So I guess my question was - can we make it a generic "map" of sorts
    to avoid a "Cayenne Enum"? I'd rather we use some naming convention or
    an annotation on an arbitrary enum than introducing another special
    mapping primitive in Cayenne. Maybe we should start playing with
    annotations finally... E.g.:

    public enum SomeArbitraryType {

            TYPE1, TYPE2, ...;

    ..numCode
            public String getCode() {
                    // this is dumb, but demonstrates the idea
                    return name() + "_CODE";
            }
    }

    What do you think?