Re: Extended Enumerations

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 17:44:48 EST

    On 26/02/2008, at 1:43 AM, Michael Gentry wrote:

    > I did some work on extended enumerations (where the DB value can be
    > defined) this weekend

    Interesting. If this list passes through my attachments, I've included
    some classes from our ROP project which might help give you another
    example of how this might be used. They are ExtendedTypeIntegerEnum
    which is an interface implemented by IntegerEnumType (server side
    only) and ClassCostType (an example enumeration which is available to
    both client and server).

    The naming and docs could be better but it works pretty well. Despite
    the copyright headers, you have permission to use any bits of this you
    find useful. As you can see, the approach is quite similar: a
    persistent value and a display value (for popup menus for instance)
    declared in the constructor.

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001