Re: Cleaning up inheritance tests

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 09:43:18 EDT

    On Mar 28, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    >> Question... Once we do that, would that mean that we only solved 50%
    >> of the broken cases? Mapping cases showing remaining problems are
    >> welcomed.
    >
    > I know that the patch I provided did fix a subset of cases for me.
    > It did
    > allow the test case for CAY-1009 to pass. It also allowed tests in
    > my own
    > app that's been blocked on the issue to pass. The test case for
    > CAY-1008
    > still fails though, so it clearly wouldn't address the problem
    > globally.

    It changed 'getReverseRelationship' which is a generic method not
    specifically related to runtime relationships logic (and I must admit
    I still don't fully understand the logic in the fix..) Anyways, what
    I'm saying is that the caller of this method should be responsible for
    making a decision whether a runtime relationship makes sense or not,
    not the method itself.

    Andrus