Re: Cleaning up inheritance tests

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2008 - 06:15:24 EDT

    On Mar 29, 2008, at 3:39 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    >> * As we discussed, relationships targeting subclass and superclass
    >> are
    >> two different things
    >
    > I think that part of the issue is that Cayenne seems to be
    > inconsistent in
    > how it handles this.
    >
    > A runtime relationship is not created if a subclass is missing a
    > relationship. ObjEntity will try to use the base class's
    > relationship if it
    > can.

    Why is that inconsistent? ObjEntity is a model of a Java class... All
    superclass fields and methods are first-class citizens (no pun
    intended) in a subclass... So a relationship owned by a superentity,
    is a relationship of every subentity. This logic of course applies to
    the *source* of the relationship, not the *target* (there is no
    relationship target inheritance). Or are you talking about something
    else?

    Andrus