Re: 3.0M3 dependency to commons lang

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 09:19:12 EDT

    I am also dead keen on upgrading the Hessian dependency to avoid some
    bugs and improve performance, but we are stuck there since Maven
    repositories are way behind with Hessian builds and the Caucho Hessian
    people can't get them upgraded without a lot of work (all sorts of
    voodoo with rsync is needed). I've already tested 3.1.5 extensively
    and it works great with Cayenne. [1]

    Is it worth us putting *all* the dependencies into a repository
    somewhere (Objectstyle or Apache?) or directly into svn so that we
    don't get stung again by library versions we depend on being removed
    from maven repositories or not being updated when we want them?

    Ari

    [1] http://hessian.caucho.com/#Java

    > Hi Borut,
    >
    > I wish we didn't have any dependencies at all :-) Especially now in
    > the days of Maven. Lagging with deps upgrade affects one group of
    > users, upgrading too eagerly affects another...
    >
    > Anyways, I am +1 in general. I'll let it sit here for a couple of
    > days, and if nobody tells us why such upgrade is a horrible idea,
    > I'll go ahead with it.
    >
    > Andrus
    >

    > On Apr 11, 2008, at 10:14 AM, Borut BolĨina wrote:
    >> Andrus,
    >>
    >> can you please upgrade version in the cayenne 3.0M3 pom of the
    >> commons.lang
    >> library to 2.4. Cayenne depends on 2.1 version of this library.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Borut

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001